Thursday, May 7, 2009

Are Street-Kids more important than your Dog?


On the streets of Brazil there is somethinbg you can always find. Whereve you see street kids or any homeless you will always see some or a lot of dogs. But the dogs hurt their feet on broken glass, distemper kills the puppies meaning the little dogs but on the streets we were big fans of big dogs, while worms, fleas and other parasites would be great part of our dog’s lives too.

The dogs used to come from different parts of the cities or from the slums. In Brazil we have a lot of dogs wandering on the streets and of course street kids too.Coming from the streets myself I'm sure that the kids on the streets owning pets. We on the streets used take such a good care of our pets then we do ourselves due to the fact that they are the only things we had that we could talk to and know we could trust. I remember we had names for our dogs and we used to talk to them like if they were human beings especially when we were drunk or high that’s when we would talk to the dogs the most and we used to tell the dogs personal stories and I still remember the name of my favorite dog on the streets. His name was “Pretinho” and that means “little black”

But I have a question for all of you who are reading this blog, aren`t the kids more important than dogs? Aren`t we supposed to be fighting for kids who can`t fight for themselves? So why do we have close to 10 million kids around the cities in Brazil? So why we do have around 100 million homeless kids in the world? I love dogs but I can`t understand how people in Brazil and around the world can spend so much money on dog food and caring for their dogs while we have millions of kids suffering around the world. Here in Brazil we have so many rich ladies and families who spend thousand of dollars on their dogs and that almost make me puke or cry my heart out because I was just few minutes ago talking so some street kids here in Brazil and they were all looking for a way out of the streets but they don`t have anywhere to go. They were asking me if I could take them home but I told them I didn`t have a place for them but someday I will. I told them about my dreams and my dreams are to have houses around the world that will take in street kids and missionaries and people will educate, love, care for these precious children that God loves so much. Will you consider fighting for these unloved, forgotten children around the world?

2 comments:

Raquel said...

You know I thought about this today! I was coming home and I saw a black dog sitting in front of my gate, it looked like it was about to die. But I thought .. how much I would rather spend my time, money on people than animals. And it made me sad how much more attention these dogs get than people on the streets. . . That is why Jesus tells us to pray for more workers for the harvest field :)

thanks for your encouragement

Pastor Sidney Pereira said...

Thanks Rachel and you are so right. I stopped in front of a street girl yesterday and I talked to her for about 10 minutes and she`s pregant and she already has a son. She asked me for potatos to cook for her family. She didn`t ask me money, she just asked me for potatos so I went to the supermarket and bought her three packages of potatos and she was so happy and thankful. God is so real and he loves to meet people`s needs. Thanks for commenting.